Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Judie

Default Word Templates

All of a sudden my normal.dot template has changed the paper size from A4 to
Letter. Also the top margin is set to 2.54 cm, but the cursor blinks on the
page right at the top.
Why? How can I reset my template to stay at A4 and have my cursor blink at
2.54 cm from the top edge of the paper?
Believe me I have tried recreating my template several times, but it doesn't
save my changes.
At the risk of losing all my hair, in desperation, please can someone help.
Thank You.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

For the latter problem, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm. For the former, in a new
blank document, without making any other changes, change the paper size in
Page Setup, then click Default... and answer yes.

"Judie" wrote in message
All of a sudden my normal.dot template has changed the paper size from A4

Letter. Also the top margin is set to 2.54 cm, but the cursor blinks on

the
page right at the top.
Why? How can I reset my template to stay at A4 and have my cursor blink

at
2.54 cm from the top edge of the paper?
Believe me I have tried recreating my template several times, but it

doesn't
save my changes.
At the risk of losing all my hair, in desperation, please can someone

help.
Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

First, check that your printer is set to work with A4, not letter; then open
normal.dot itself make the changes, then save. As a side issue, if you are
using A4, you'll make life easier if you set your margins to an integral
metric measure, not an imperial approximation (eg 2 or 2.5 cm, rather than 1
inch)

"Judie" wrote in message
All of a sudden my normal.dot template has changed the paper size from A4
Letter. Also the top margin is set to 2.54 cm, but the cursor blinks on
the
page right at the top.
Why? How can I reset my template to stay at A4 and have my cursor blink
at
2.54 cm from the top edge of the paper?
Believe me I have tried recreating my template several times, but it
doesn't
save my changes.
At the risk of losing all my hair, in desperation, please can someone
help.
Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Judie

Thanks, I found the white space and sorted that problem. But I have tried
changing paper size in printer drivers, and in page set up, but still reverts
back to Letter.

"Judie" wrote in message
All of a sudden my normal.dot template has changed the paper size from A4

Letter. Also the top margin is set to 2.54 cm, but the cursor blinks on

the
page right at the top.
Why? How can I reset my template to stay at A4 and have my cursor blink

at
2.54 cm from the top edge of the paper?
Believe me I have tried recreating my template several times, but it

doesn't
save my changes.
At the risk of losing all my hair, in desperation, please can someone

help.
Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

Some printer drivers have the paper settings in more than one place (One of
mine has 'Printer settings', 'Printer defaults', and 'Printer
preferences'.). Work your way through ALL the options and drill-down
screens, muttering furious incantations in Swahili as you do so.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For the latter problem, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm. For the former, in a
new
blank document, without making any other changes, change the paper size
in
Page Setup, then click Default... and answer yes.

so
all may benefit.

"Judie" wrote in message
All of a sudden my normal.dot template has changed the paper size from
A4

Letter. Also the top margin is set to 2.54 cm, but the cursor blinks
on

the
page right at the top.
Why? How can I reset my template to stay at A4 and have my cursor
blink

at
2.54 cm from the top edge of the paper?
Believe me I have tried recreating my template several times, but it

doesn't
save my changes.
At the risk of losing all my hair, in desperation, please can someone

help.
Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Opening Normal.dot itself should not be necessary unless Acrobat or some
other meddler is preventing changes to Normal.dot from being saved;
otherwise, Default... in Page Setup should suffice.

"Judie" wrote in message
All of a sudden my normal.dot template has changed the paper size from

A4
Letter. Also the top margin is set to 2.54 cm, but the cursor blinks on
the
page right at the top.
Why? How can I reset my template to stay at A4 and have my cursor blink
at
2.54 cm from the top edge of the paper?
Believe me I have tried recreating my template several times, but it
doesn't
save my changes.
At the risk of losing all my hair, in desperation, please can someone
help.
Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you have Adobe Acrobat 7 installed, it's possible changes to Normal.dot
are not being saved; see the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm. But it also helps
to make sure that the keyboard language is set to English (UK).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For the latter problem, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm. For the former, in a

new
blank document, without making any other changes, change the paper size

in
Page Setup, then click Default... and answer yes.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.