Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How to get a header image (logo) wider than page margins

When I insert my header logo Word makes it fit within my margins. I want to
have a wider logo without Word shrinking my image.

If I insert my image (as a header) and my page has no margins it fits in
well, but when I then adjust my margins (to have a specified area for my
letter), Word does shrink my image.

I have succeeded in doing this earlier, but as I rarely do this .. I have
forgotte...

Pls....
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Images that are In Line With Text must conform to the page margins. Wrapped
graphics can appear anywhere on the page. So you have two choices. You can
either apply a negative indent to the header paragraph (to allow the image
to extend outside the margins) and insert the logo inline, or you can change
the wrapping on the logo to any other style and then resize it as desired.

" wrote in
message ...
When I insert my header logo Word makes it fit within my margins. I want

have a wider logo without Word shrinking my image.

If I insert my image (as a header) and my page has no margins it fits in
well, but when I then adjust my margins (to have a specified area for my
letter), Word does shrink my image.

I have succeeded in doing this earlier, but as I rarely do this .. I have
forgotte...

Pls....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

The header margins are adjustable separately from the page margins. If you
insert an image in line with text it will adopt the margins or paragraph
formatting you set for it. If you insert it in any other mode it is
independent of the margins (though not of the printing limits of the printer
driver).

wrote:
When I insert my header logo Word makes it fit within my margins. I
want to have a wider logo without Word shrinking my image.

If I insert my image (as a header) and my page has no margins it fits
in well, but when I then adjust my margins (to have a specified area
for my letter), Word does shrink my image.

I have succeeded in doing this earlier, but as I rarely do this .. I
have forgotte...

Pls....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Dear Suzanne and Graham ... too late did I read "Mike's" comment.. he did
also refer to you Suzanne ... and what he (you) did write did solve my
problem...

Thanks a lot... you are just wonderful ppl...

BR
Jonna (Asker / Oslo / Norway)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

The header pargraph indents? I haven't seen separate left and right header
margin settings.

It may be that your logo is set to be an in-line graphic rather than a
floating one. I've never had problems with graphics exceeding margins but I
don't insert graphics inline usually.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

wrote:
When I insert my header logo Word makes it fit within my margins. I
want to have a wider logo without Word shrinking my image.

If I insert my image (as a header) and my page has no margins it fits
in well, but when I then adjust my margins (to have a specified area
for my letter), Word does shrink my image.

I have succeeded in doing this earlier, but as I rarely do this .. I
have forgotte...

Pls....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Not sure whether you mean "separate left and right" or "separate header"
(that is, separate from the document). Indeed, Graham was referring to the
paragraph indents as a means of "changing the margins" for the header, but
you can also have different indents for odd and even (right and left)
headers if "Different odd and even" is enabled and different indents are
applied to the Odd Page Header and Even Page Header, either directly or
(preferably) through the use of different header styles.

wrote:
When I insert my header logo Word makes it fit within my margins. I
want to have a wider logo without Word shrinking my image.

If I insert my image (as a header) and my page has no margins it fits
in well, but when I then adjust my margins (to have a specified area
for my letter), Word does shrink my image.

I have succeeded in doing this earlier, but as I rarely do this .. I
have forgotte...

Pls....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

I meant that there are separate settings for distance from top and bottom
for headers and footers, but not separate left and right margin settings
that only apply to headers/footers. You can get the effect people want when
they say they want to change the margin by changing the left and right
paragraph indent settings.
--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Not sure whether you mean "separate left and right" or "separate header"
(that is, separate from the document). Indeed, Graham was referring to the
paragraph indents as a means of "changing the margins" for the header, but
you can also have different indents for odd and even (right and left)
headers if "Different odd and even" is enabled and different indents are
applied to the Odd Page Header and Even Page Header, either directly or
(preferably) through the use of different header styles.

so
all may benefit.

wrote:
When I insert my header logo Word makes it fit within my margins. I
want to have a wider logo without Word shrinking my image.

If I insert my image (as a header) and my page has no margins it fits
in well, but when I then adjust my margins (to have a specified area
for my letter), Word does shrink my image.

I have succeeded in doing this earlier, but as I rarely do this .. I
have forgotte...

Pls....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Right.

[...]

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

wrote:
When I insert my header logo Word makes it fit within my margins. I
want to have a wider logo without Word shrinking my image.

If I insert my image (as a header) and my page has no margins it

fits
in well, but when I then adjust my margins (to have a specified area
for my letter), Word does shrink my image.

I have succeeded in doing this earlier, but as I rarely do this .. I
have forgotte...

Pls....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

That's what I meant. Obviously I didn't explain myself too well

Charles Kenyon wrote:
I meant that there are separate settings for distance from top and
bottom for headers and footers, but not separate left and right
margin settings that only apply to headers/footers. You can get the
effect people want when they say they want to change the margin by
changing the left and right paragraph indent settings.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Not sure whether you mean "separate left and right" or "separate
header" (that is, separate from the document). Indeed, Graham was
referring to the paragraph indents as a means of "changing the
margins" for the header, but you can also have different indents for
odd and even (right and left) headers if "Different odd and even" is
enabled and different indents are applied to the Odd Page Header and
Even Page Header, either directly or (preferably) through the use of
different header styles. --
newsgroup so
all may benefit.