Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Brett

Default justify the last line of text before a figure in microsoft word 20

How do I justify the last line of text before a figure in microsoft word
2003. For example say I have a figure i want on page 3, i want the text to
skip through to page 4 and the last line to be justified on page 3.

At the moment, the only way i can seem to keep the figure anchored on page 3
is to press enter, which causes the text on the last line of page 2 not to be
justified.

Please help, this is driving me crazy.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Yes, this is tricky. You have to insert a line break to force-justify the
last line, then format the next line (paragraph mark) as 1 point or (if that
doesn't suffice) Hidden. If your paragraph style has a first-line indent,
don't forget to use an unindented style for the first paragraph on the page
following the figure so that the illusion of a broken paragraph is
preserved.

"Brett" wrote in message
news
How do I justify the last line of text before a figure in microsoft word
2003. For example say I have a figure i want on page 3, i want the text
skip through to page 4 and the last line to be justified on page 3.

At the moment, the only way i can seem to keep the figure anchored on page

3
is to press enter, which causes the text on the last line of page 2 not to

be
justified.

Please help, this is driving me crazy.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Brett

Default justify the last line of text before a figure in microsoft wor

Thanks Suzanne, I think that would work, but surely there is a better way to
anchor the picture to that page, because it's going to be a lot of stuffing
around every time my supervisor makes changes to the text above the figure.

But with regard to your suggestion, when I try this, it formats the
paragraph before the line break as 1pt.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes, this is tricky. You have to insert a line break to force-justify the
last line, then format the next line (paragraph mark) as 1 point or (if that
doesn't suffice) Hidden. If your paragraph style has a first-line indent,
don't forget to use an unindented style for the first paragraph on the page
following the figure so that the illusion of a broken paragraph is
preserved.

"Brett" wrote in message
news
How do I justify the last line of text before a figure in microsoft word
2003. For example say I have a figure i want on page 3, i want the text

skip through to page 4 and the last line to be justified on page 3.

At the moment, the only way i can seem to keep the figure anchored on page

3
is to press enter, which causes the text on the last line of page 2 not to

be
justified.

Please help, this is driving me crazy.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This is why I never bother trying to put figures in until editing is
complete. In order to accomplish the 1-pt. (or Hidden) formatting without
affecting the entire paragraph, you must display nonprinting characters and
select only the line break character.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes, this is tricky. You have to insert a line break to force-justify

the
last line, then format the next line (paragraph mark) as 1 point or (if

that
doesn't suffice) Hidden. If your paragraph style has a first-line

indent,
don't forget to use an unindented style for the first paragraph on the

page
following the figure so that the illusion of a broken paragraph is
preserved.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

news