Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Veronique

Default Page View does not correspond to Page Setup paper size

Page View shows that I have a paper size of 7 inches wide x 9 inches high.
The margins are set to the default settings (1 inch on top and bottom, 1.25
inches on sides.) I've got Page Setup set to "letter" and my printer set to
"letter." Page set-up shows "letter" as being the standard 8.5 x 11. How come
Page View is showing me a reduced page size and how can I show the standard
letter size?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
WilliamT

I recently got zapped by this feature as well (in Print view).
I was editing away, and all of a sudden my top and bottom margins
disappeared. In older documents, it displayed just fine. Even uninstalling
and reinstalling Office did not return it to the normal condition. I deleted
Normal.dot - all of the usual attempts to fix it - apparently too feeble.

But Suzanne's link explains it just fine, and also shows how just one click
in the wrong place triggers it.