Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PeteB

Default Word doc keeps defaulting to Outline view, launched from website

I'm running Word 2003 SP2 on XP, I've created a Word doc and posted to our
intranet. The document keeps opening in Outline view, whether directly from
Word or when launched from its web shortcut. And it does this despite being
saved in Print Layout or Normal view, in "Final" form. I've tried doing
View-Outline, View-Print Layout before saving, and that doesn't help.
Appreciate guidance as to why this behavior is manifesting and how to correct.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PeteB

Default Word doc keeps defaulting to Outline view, launched from websi

Simon,
I resolved it (but behavior was evidencing in the native client, as well as
when evoked from web link). There were two issues:

1. Track Changes was on, but changes hadn't been accepted/rejected.
2. Had to save the doc in "Final" mode, and in Print Layout.

Thanks!