lily

Default customizing toolbars (word 2003)

Hi!

I have a problem with customizing toolbars: I can customize it normally
(adding or taking away the buttons), all works fine, but then when I close
the Word (2003) and open it again, it is as no customization was done (it
doesn't remember it)! How can I fix it?

oh, in other office programs, like excel or outlook, it remembers the
customization of the toolbars

Thank you for your help!

Lily

lily

Thank you! It worked!!!
Charles Kenyon

Until you get Adobe to actually write working software that doesn't mess up
Word, you may want to keep your customizations in a separate global
template. Perhaps even after they stop making Word not work. See
http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step instructions
on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations including
AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros, etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"lily" wrote in message
Hi!

I have a problem with customizing toolbars: I can customize it normally
(adding or taking away the buttons), all works fine, but then when I close
the Word (2003) and open it again, it is as no customization was done (it
doesn't remember it)! How can I fix it?

oh, in other office programs, like excel or outlook, it remembers the
customization of the toolbars

Thank you for your help!

Lily

JedIJr

I had the problem with Acrobat 6 Pro that the header of every one of my
MSWord 2003 documents would be disorganized by a toolbar offering the Acrobat
functions. The toolbar duplicated what was offered in the drop-down menu,
and it made the Word screen smaller. And generally it upset me by bollixing
up format.

I went to a site called Betalogue and found that smarter people than I were
also vexed at this problem. In any case, those folks told me to go to the
"MicroSoft Office" folder among the Program files and, inside that, find a
folder for "Office" (which in my machine is the "Office11" folder), and
further inside that find a "Start-up" folder. Inside the "Start-up" folder
there's a file called "PDFMaker.dot" that governs what toolbars are
available on the top MSWord documents when you open them. I found that by
creating a folder named "PDFMaker.dot" in the "Start-up" folder and by
putting the "PDFMaker.dot" file in the folder of the same name, then I could
get rid of the unpleasant Acrobat6 toolbars in my Word documents.

Put file "PDFMaker.dot" back in "Start-up" folder, and the Acrobat functions
become visible again at the top of every newly opened Word document.

Hope this is in some way relevant to your problem
--
A managing editor who needs all the technical help he can get.

"lily" wrote:

Hi!

I have a problem with customizing toolbars: I can customize it normally
(adding or taking away the buttons), all works fine, but then when I close
the Word (2003) and open it again, it is as no customization was done (it
doesn't remember it)! How can I fix it?

oh, in other office programs, like excel or outlook, it remembers the
customization of the toolbars

Thank you for your help!

Lily

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sarah Reynolds

Default Unpleasant Acrobat 6 Pro Buttons in MSWord 2003

Hello, I had the exactly the same problem Lily had, but I only have Acrobat
6. Can anyone help me?????