Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
park4cash

Default How do I remove nonprinting text from my document?

Ugh. I accidentally pressed some combination of keys that puts non-printing
characters into my on-screen text - including line break text, dots between
words, etc. Anyone know what I have to do to get rid of this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Simon Minder

Click on the ¶ icon in your menu bar and you should be fine.

"park4cash" wrote:

Ugh. I accidentally pressed some combination of keys that puts non-printing
characters into my on-screen text - including line break text, dots between
words, etc. Anyone know what I have to do to get rid of this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Tools | Options | View | Formatting Marks and deselect them.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"park4cash" wrote:

Ugh. I accidentally pressed some combination of keys that puts non-printing
characters into my on-screen text - including line break text, dots between
words, etc. Anyone know what I have to do to get rid of this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I can't work without them. Seriously. And I can't figure out how other
people can. My coworker and my boss are constantly saying things like "Why
can't I move these two lines closer together?" or "Why does my document keep
printing a blank second page?"

sigh

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"park4cash" wrote:

Ugh. I accidentally pressed some combination of keys that puts
non-printing
characters into my on-screen text - including line break text, dots
between
words, etc. Anyone know what I have to do to get rid of this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

I'm with you JoAnn, but that's the first thing users always ask me "how can I
get rid of this?" I teach people to leave them on so they can see what
they're doing.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"park4cash" wrote:

Ugh. I accidentally pressed some combination of keys that puts
non-printing
characters into my on-screen text - including line break text, dots
between
words, etc. Anyone know what I have to do to get rid of this?

Creating dynamic cross reference links in a Word document torajudo Microsoft Word Help 5 April 27th 23 08:57 PM
Getting Auto Text with F3 with trailing text in document Alan Zarky Microsoft Word Help 1 April 23rd 05 09:30 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
textbox to normal text Jack Sons New Users 16 December 5th 04 03:44 PM