Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb

Default What is the best way to transfer data to a fixed document?

I want to transfer data from a file containing names (up to 8) and other
words to a standard file (such as a will or trust). Some of the individual
names would be used in several different places. The data file would change
and "hopefully" be simply generated, but the standard file would be constant
with placeholders for the data. The standard file could be a word document
or a template. What features in Word 2003 would efficiently transfer the
data to the standard document? Alternatively, is there a better way to
automate this process?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Herb" wrote:

I want to transfer data from a file containing names (up to 8) and other
words to a standard file (such as a will or trust). Some of the individual
names would be used in several different places. The data file would change
and "hopefully" be simply generated, but the standard file would be constant
with placeholders for the data. The standard file could be a word document
or a template. What features in Word 2003 would efficiently transfer the
data to the standard document? Alternatively, is there a better way to
automate this process?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb

Carol,
Thanks so much. I did not consider that approach, so I will try it.
Herb