Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pastor Hank Pastor Hank is offline

Default Printing the 2nd half of a booklet

I was running a print job and had printed the 1st side of 5 copies of a
booklet. Using Manual Duplex, all the pages printed correctly, then however
I had to change print cartridges and things went crazy.

How do I tell Word to only print the pages that weren't printed, (i.e. that
second section)

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PeterMcC PeterMcC is offline

"Pastor Hank" wrote in message
I was running a print job and had printed the 1st side of 5 copies of a
booklet. Using Manual Duplex, all the pages printed correctly, then
however
I had to change print cartridges and things went crazy.

How do I tell Word to only print the pages that weren't printed, (i.e.
that
second section)

On the assumption (risky, I know) that the sides printed thus far are the
odd pages, then you should be able to select the even pages at the print
dialogue.

By default the Print: instruction is set to "All pages in range" - the
drop-down also gives options of "Odd pages" and "Even pages".

--
PeterMcC

inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pastor Hank Pastor Hank is offline

Sadly it didn't print it that way. For example, the first full page it
prints (landscape) is 96 (the last page) and 1 (the first page) and then its
94 and 3 etc, so it seems to be printing the 'front', I'm hoping to find a
way to get it to print the 'backs' now.

"PeterMcC" wrote:

"Pastor Hank" wrote in message
I was running a print job and had printed the 1st side of 5 copies of a
booklet. Using Manual Duplex, all the pages printed correctly, then
however
I had to change print cartridges and things went crazy.

How do I tell Word to only print the pages that weren't printed, (i.e.
that
second section)

On the assumption (risky, I know) that the sides printed thus far are the
odd pages, then you should be able to select the even pages at the print
dialogue.

By default the Print: instruction is set to "All pages in range" - the
drop-down also gives options of "Odd pages" and "Even pages".

--
PeterMcC

inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
"PeterMcC" wrote in message
"Pastor Hank" wrote in message
I was running a print job and had printed the 1st side of 5 copies of a
booklet. Using Manual Duplex, all the pages printed correctly, then
however
I had to change print cartridges and things went crazy.

How do I tell Word to only print the pages that weren't printed, (i.e.
that
second section)

On the assumption (risky, I know) that the sides printed thus far are the
odd pages, then you should be able to select the even pages at the print
dialogue.

By default the Print: instruction is set to "All pages in range" - the
drop-down also gives options of "Odd pages" and "Even pages".

I believe Odd and Even are disabled when you're printing a "Book fold"
document because every sheet has both an odd and an even page.

You are, of course, absolutely right.

I made the mistake of thinking that the OP was printing a full page booklet
rather than a half page fold.

And that's just one of the reasons for the sig - just wait until I get to
inappropriate and offensive

--
PeterMcC

inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
daneel daneel is offline

Try turning the printer OFF, printing the whole document again then,
when the first side is printed and it asks you to put the paper back in
the printer ready for the second side, open the print queue and cancel
all that's there.
Then turn the printer ON, put in the already-printed sheets and continue.
This worked for me once, but it may be printer-dependent.

Dan