Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Enas Enas is offline

Default How to remove a single space between 2 of my footnotes?

Hi, i have a document which i am working on, all the footnotres are OK. In
one of the pages i have a single space bwteen 2 of its footnotes. I have
tried everything to delete this space but it seems that it just want to stay
in!!!

I have checked that :
1. I am using a single space between the footnotes.
1. the space between ( before and after) my footnote is (0) .

Please help me, I need to delete this space ASAP.

Enas
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have you looked for empty paragraphs? Display nonprinting marks, for example
by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8 (acts as a toggle), to see if there are any
excessive paragraph marks (¶).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Enas" wrote in message
Hi, i have a document which i am working on, all the footnotres are OK. In
one of the pages i have a single space bwteen 2 of its footnotes. I have
tried everything to delete this space but it seems that it just want to
stay
in!!!

I have checked that :
1. I am using a single space between the footnotes.
1. the space between ( before and after) my footnote is (0) .

Please help me, I need to delete this space ASAP.

Enas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Enas Enas is offline

hi Steafan,
I have checked and there is a single paragraph mark and word does not allow
me to delete this mark, I have no idea how to fix it and my supervisor asked
me to make sure that this space is deleted!
Thankx,
Enas

"Enas" wrote in message
Hi, i have a document which i am working on, all the footnotres are OK. In
one of the pages i have a single space bwteen 2 of its footnotes. I have
tried everything to delete this space but it seems that it just want to
stay
in!!!

I have checked that :
1. I am using a single space between the footnotes.
1. the space between ( before and after) my footnote is (0) .

Please help me, I need to delete this space ASAP.

Enas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you can't delete the paragraph mark by pressing Delete, try using
BackSpace instead; footnotes and endnotes are less flexible in this area
than other parts of a Word document. :-)

Note, however, that you can never delete the last paragraph mark in a
footnote text paragraph. If you are trying to get rid of an entire footnote,
you must delete the footnote reference number in the main body of the
document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Enas" wrote in message
Hi, i have a document which i am working on, all the footnotres are OK.
In
one of the pages i have a single space bwteen 2 of its footnotes. I
have
tried everything to delete this space but it seems that it just want to
stay
in!!!

I have checked that :
1. I am using a single space between the footnotes.
1. the space between ( before and after) my footnote is (0) .

Please help me, I need to delete this space ASAP.

Enas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Enas Enas is offline

Thank you Stefan, but it did not work with me. I still cannot delete it with
backspace... anything else I can do?

"Enas" wrote in message
Hi, i have a document which i am working on, all the footnotres are OK.
In
one of the pages i have a single space bwteen 2 of its footnotes. I
have
tried everything to delete this space but it seems that it just want to
stay
in!!!

I have checked that :
1. I am using a single space between the footnotes.
1. the space between ( before and after) my footnote is (0) .

Please help me, I need to delete this space ASAP.

Enas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you want to, I can take a look at the file (or relevant portions of it).
You can send it to .

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Enas" wrote in message
Hi, i have a document which i am working on, all the footnotres are
OK.
In
one of the pages i have a single space bwteen 2 of its footnotes. I
have
tried everything to delete this space but it seems that it just want
stay
in!!!

I have checked that :
1. I am using a single space between the footnotes.
1. the space between ( before and after) my footnote is (0) .

Please help me, I need to delete this space ASAP.

Enas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jgsound jgsound is offline

Default single space looks like 1/5 in the footnotes.

i'm using new version of mac word, and have a situation where the single
spacing in my footnotes doesn't look like teh single spacing i had it in the
other draft of the same doc i just copied from. it looks more like 1/5, but
it says it's single. what do i do?

"Enas" wrote in message
Hi, i have a document which i am working on, all the footnotres are OK. In
one of the pages i have a single space bwteen 2 of its footnotes. I have
tried everything to delete this space but it seems that it just want to
stay
in!!!

I have checked that :
1. I am using a single space between the footnotes.
1. the space between ( before and after) my footnote is (0) .

Please help me, I need to delete this space ASAP.

Enas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

In the footnotes, I'd check if "superscript" (which is usually applied in
the "Footnote Reference" style) has accidentally been applied to the
"Footnote Text" style"?

Else, it might be caused by the font. Some fonts do show a pretty large line
spacing by default.
You could set the line spacing either to "Exactly" ## points" (choosing
roughly 120% of the font size).
Or use "Multiple 0.66" -- since 1.5 × 0.66 = 1.

Klaus