Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charlotte Charlotte is offline

Default insert new page in word document with same formatting

I am using MSWord 2003. I created a word template with formatting to use for
bid sheets in a silent auction. How can I insert or create a new page in the
same document with the same formatting. In other words, I want to have on
document with multiple pages of the the same formatting.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Not 100% sure what you're asking. However... try inserting a page break
after the first page, then copy the contents of the first page (including
the section break) to the clipboard, and paste it after the page break.
Repeat this for each new page you need, and don't forget to delete the final
page break, since it won't be needed.

There are ways to accomplish this without using a page break, as well. One
method is to begin the page with a style that includes "Page break before"
as part of its paragraph formatting (Format - Paragraph - Line and Page
Breaks tab). This would then automatically put each new bid sheet on a new
page.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Charlotte" wrote in message
I am using MSWord 2003. I created a word template with formatting to use
for
bid sheets in a silent auction. How can I insert or create a new page in
the
same document with the same formatting. In other words, I want to have on
document with multiple pages of the the same formatting.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charlotte Charlotte is offline

Thanks, Herb.
I don't seem to be able to copy the contents as it is a mixture of both text
and graphics. Any ideas?

"Charlotte" wrote in message
I am using MSWord 2003. I created a word template with formatting to use
for
bid sheets in a silent auction. How can I insert or create a new page in
the
same document with the same formatting. In other words, I want to have on
document with multiple pages of the the same formatting.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The graphics should be anchored to a paragraph in the text, in which case,
if you select those paragraphs, the graphics should be selected, as well..
unless the graphics reside in the header or footer. Is that the case?

If that's the case, the same graphics should appear on subsequent pages,
unless you have the Different first page option selected.