Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jon Yelton Jon Yelton is offline

Default Margins Not working Right

I have a problem. I have a company logo in the Header of each page placed
perfectly. However, when I try to add text in the body of the document, I
want to be able to adjust the margins. But when I do so, it changes the
margins and moves my company logo in the header. I have tried selecting text
and telling Word to adjust margins on the selected text only, but that does
not work. It still moves the letterhead. I have also tried the "this point
forward" setting on the margins, and that does not work either. how can I
adjust the margins of the body of the doucment without changing the header?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You don't change "margins" for selected text in Word; you change "indents."
You can do this by dragging the indent markers on the ruler (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/UsingRulers.htm) or by setting the
indents directly in the Format | Paragraph dialog.

If you actually do need to change the margins for an entire section, and if
the logo is wrapped rather than In Line With Text, you can specify its
position relative to the page rather than to the margins, column, paragraph,
etc.