Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
clay clay is offline

Default How do you change page settings?

Word 2007 is the most complicated program I have used. How do you change line
spacing? I have used help with no success and changed line spacing settings
with no success. Why would the new documents open with double line spacing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What you're seeing probably isn't double line spacing... you're probably
getting an automatic space after between paragraphs.

If you need to change the defaults, try this:

Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S.

Near the bottom of the Styles panel, click the Manage Styles tool.

In the Manage Styles dialog, click the Set Defaults tab.

This should provide access to the controls you need. Notice at the bottom
that you can choose whether to apply changes only to the current document or
to all new documents based on this template (which is Normal.dotm, unless
you created a document based on a different template).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Clay" wrote in message
Word 2007 is the most complicated program I have used. How do you change
line
spacing? I have used help with no success and changed line spacing
settings
with no success. Why would the new documents open with double line
spacing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
clay clay is offline

This only helped get rid of extra spaces within the paragraph. Still getting
double spacing after the Heading at the beginning of the document. I hate
this version, it is not user friendly. How do I get rid of the settings and
get a normal document?

"Clay" wrote in message
Word 2007 is the most complicated program I have used. How do you change
line
spacing? I have used help with no success and changed line spacing
settings
with no success. Why would the new documents open with double line
spacing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S to display the Styles pane. Click the Manage Styles
button. On the Edit tab, locate the style you want to change, and then click
the Modify button. In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, and then
click Paragraph. Specify the desired spacing before and after (on the
Indents and Spacing tab). Click OK to confirm the settings.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Clay" wrote in message
Word 2007 is the most complicated program I have used. How do you
change
line
spacing? I have used help with no success and changed line spacing
settings
with no success. Why would the new documents open with double line
spacing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Did you remember to also change the Spacing Before and Spacing After
settings on the Set Defaults tab of the Manage Styles dialog box? For no
spacing between paragraphs, set both of these options to zero.

On the other hand, if you are trying to change a *specific* style, see my
other message in this thread.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP