Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] dtshedd@yahoo.com is offline

Default Margins versus text box

I am a novice in formatting/desktop publishing. I would like divide
each page into two zones, left side text and right side for pictures
in frames with captions i do not want the text to roll/wrap over to
the right side of the page. I do not know anything about text boxes
or linking text boxes, so was thinking I could just increase the right
marginm but do not know if that will prevent me from inserting frames
for pictures or create other problems down the road.

The free templates I have found seem to complicated, too much graphics
or other style settings.

appreciate some suggestions whether I need to go to text box route or
if there is an easier, way.

tia

dan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Although you can use linked text boxes to have text flow from page to page,
Word is not really very good at desktop publishing; that would be
accomplished more easily with a page layout application.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
I am a novice in formatting/desktop publishing. I would like divide
each page into two zones, left side text and right side for pictures
in frames with captions i do not want the text to roll/wrap over to
the right side of the page. I do not know anything about text boxes
or linking text boxes, so was thinking I could just increase the right
marginm but do not know if that will prevent me from inserting frames
for pictures or create other problems down the road.

The free templates I have found seem to complicated, too much graphics
or other style settings.

appreciate some suggestions whether I need to go to text box route or
if there is an easier, way.

tia

dan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

For the application described, I think a wide margin accommodating frames,
text boxes, or wrapped graphic elements would suffice provided the text in
the margin didn't have to flow from one page to the next. For that sort of
"parallel column" type of document, a (borderless) two-column table is more
satisfactory, with the caveat that a given table row should not extend more
than one page total.

wedding versus pat Tables 3 August 20th 08 02:11 PM
Smart Taags versus Auto Text in Word 2003 ckerley Microsoft Word Help 6 January 4th 08 03:25 PM
How do I save a file as Text Only versus Plain Text? Jessi Microsoft Word Help 9 July 6th 06 05:47 AM
Header margins vs. text margins Djin Page Layout 1 September 17th 05 08:45 PM
Advise versus advice Stefan Blom Microsoft Word Help 4 April 25th 05 01:43 PM