Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JoanE JoanE is offline

Default view table of contents in page layout

I am having trouble viewing on screen - table of contents, text box, etc. If
I try to insert a text box I can only see the text box in print preview. I
work in page layout view but it is not showing true page. Is there something
I can re-set to get true page layout view back??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The display settings are spread all over the map in Word 2007's Word
Options. These two a

Office Button | Word Options | Advanced | Show document content: "Show
drawings and text boxes on screen" and "Show field codes instead of their
values."