Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
iT_grunt iT_grunt is offline

Default Set margins in Word under multiple users

We have a domain network with multiple users. We have a request to change
the default margins in Word so that no matter who logs in, they are set to 1
inch on all sides. I have tried doing so under the local computer
administrator account and setting the margins respectively. I then logged in
as a user and it did not keep those settings. It seems each user has its own
Normal.dot file it associates with. Can this be changed to allow anyone to
log in with the properly set margins?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You should not screw around with the user's Normal.dot template. Rather,
you should create a template to be used for your company documentation and
distribute it to each user with instructions that it is to be used for the
documents that are to conform to that style.

Even though no macros may be required in your situation, see the article
"Distributing macros to other users" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...buteMacros.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.