Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
degas1900 degas1900 is offline

Default Soft hyphen

I'm using Word 2007. In WordPerfect there is the ability to insert what is
called a "soft hyphen" when an "either/or" word combo needs to be split after
the slash but not show the hyphen. Example: the words vehicle/component
appear at the end of a line but is too long and needs to be split after the
slash. I do not want to manually put in a space after the slash because if I
later edit the paragraph I'll have to remember to go back and take out the
space. Does Word 2007 have the ability to insert this feature? If so, where
in the heck is it on the ribbon or toolbar?

Soft CR Garry Jones New Users 8 January 31st 06 04:15 AM
How to do a soft return? Grd New Users 4 January 18th 06 10:41 PM
How do I get a "soft" slash (/)? Madeleine Rose Microsoft Word Help 1 February 24th 05 06:17 AM