Andy Roberts

Default Common information & Forms

What I want to do I have a main document with various fields throughout it
in places where a particular unique piece of information is required, such
as a company name. How can I get several fields to hold the same
information, so that when the information is added it appears throughout the
document in all the correct places. I only want to type it once.

I presume if the document is protected then only the fields can be altered.

Thanks

Andy

Greg Maxey

Andy,

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Andy Roberts wrote:
What I want to do I have a main document with various fields
throughout it in places where a particular unique piece of
information is required, such as a company name. How can I get
several fields to hold the same information, so that when the
information is added it appears throughout the document in all the
correct places. I only want to type it once.
I presume if the document is protected then only the fields can be
altered.
Thanks

Andy

Andy Roberts

Thank Greg

Did the job sort of..

two things. Using the REF function can different formatting, fonts etc be
applied to different REFs? Seems to adopt the initial field

Also it doesn't seem to work with items in the headers and footers.

Can you shed any light on these two things?

Regards

Andy

Andy Roberts wrote:
What I want to do I have a main document with various fields
throughout it in places where a particular unique piece of
information is required, such as a company name. How can I get
several fields to hold the same information, so that when the
information is added it appears throughout the document in all the
correct places. I only want to type it once.
I presume if the document is protected then only the fields can be
altered.
Thanks

Andy

Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Andy

Andy Roberts wrote:
two things. Using the REF function can different formatting, fonts etc be
applied to different REFs? Seems to adopt the initial field

A couple of thoughts on this:

1. If you are using styles consistently for your formatting, then the
fields should not pick up anything but direct formating.

2. Make sure you bookmark the word(s) only without any possible adjacing
paragraph mark.

3. If all else fails, you can overwrite any field formatting with
CHARFORMAT; look it up in your offline help.

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS