Gay Alson

Default Can't open doc

I have a 28-meg Word doc that I suddenly can't open. It *appears* to hang on
the cover page. It's around 150 pages long--the large size is due to a
multitude of graphics. I noticed a few days ago that the doc was taking
forever to save, and then last night it wouldn't save at all. Task Manager
showed the "unresponsive" status so I gave up, went home and tried again
when I got back to work this morning. Finally had to End Task to get out of
Word and after that, couldn't open that file again.

Yesterday when I was working on the doc, I copied some material from another
doc and pasted it into this doc, so I'm wondering if I imported some
corruption in the process. However, since I can't open the file, I can't
remove the new material.

I tried opening the doc in Wordpad and saving as RTF but it ballooned to 147
megs and when I reopened it, it consisted of a single blank page.

I'm at a loss. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there another format I
can open this in? (Besides ASCII, that is. I'd really prefer to save the 150
pages of formatting and graphics...)

Thanks for any help,
Gay Alson

galson_at_nsbgroup_dot_com