Aurora

Default Bolding

I am using Word 2000.
I am creating a document in outline mode. When I went to bold and underline
one line, the whole document (before what I was working on) was bolded and
underlined. When I went to "undo" the command, it said something about "undo
automatic update style". What is automatic update style?

Why is this happening? Did something get turned out without my realizing it?
Does anyone have a suggestion?

Aurora