Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AnnT AnnT is offline

Default How can I turn off automatic widow/orphan control in Word 2007?

How can I turn off automatic widow/orphan control in Word 2007? Word
automatically moves a single line of text in a paragraph to the next page,
for example. I need to tell it to not do that. I will soon be writing my
dissertation, and the guidelines are very strict that widow/orphan control is
not to be enabled in your word processor. However, I cannot find out where to
turn it off--and searching the help area turns up no useful answers! Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
stormin ASU stormin ASU is offline

Default Widow/Orphan control

Go to the "Page Layout" tab and click the arrow in the bottom right of the "Paragraph" box. After the box comes up, select the "Lines and Page Breaks" tab. Then unclick the box beside of widow/orphan controls. Make sure the text, or entire document, is selected when you do this or nothing will change.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Actually, that setting is valid for paragraphs only, so if you are only
changing it for a single paragraph, you don't have to select anything (just
leave the insertion point blinking).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP