Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
New User - Microsoft 2007 New User - Microsoft 2007 is offline

Default print screen button - Urgent

For a school assignment I need to copy to my clipboard an active screen
(Creat new building block), but the Print Screen button will only copy
something out of my word document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tried using Alt+PrintScreen? If that doesn't work, you'll need a
dedicated screen capture utility such as SnagIt (www.techsmith.com); there's
a free trial download.

wrote in message
For a school assignment I need to copy to my clipboard an active screen
(Creat new building block), but the Print Screen button will only copy
something out of my word document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus Opinicus is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote

For a school assignment I need to copy to my clipboard an active screen
(Creat new building block), but the Print Screen button will only copy
something out of my word document.

Have you tried using Alt+PrintScreen? If that doesn't work, you'll need a
dedicated screen capture utility such as SnagIt (www.techsmith.com);
there's a free trial download.

On my system I also have to turn off the F-Lock key to get PrintScreen to
work properly...

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ah, yes, if it's a laptop, that's a good bet to be the problem.

"Opinicus" wrote in message
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote

For a school assignment I need to copy to my clipboard an active screen
(Creat new building block), but the Print Screen button will only copy
something out of my word document.

Have you tried using Alt+PrintScreen? If that doesn't work, you'll need a
dedicated screen capture utility such as SnagIt (www.techsmith.com);
there's a free trial download.

On my system I also have to turn off the F-Lock key to get PrintScreen to
work properly...

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
New User - Microsoft 2007[_2_] New User - Microsoft 2007[_2_] is offline

F-lock did not work, so I had to use the on screen key board. I know this is
a very elementry question, but how do you know that the F-lock is on or off?

Thanks!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ah, yes, if it's a laptop, that's a good bet to be the problem.

"Opinicus" wrote in message
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote

For a school assignment I need to copy to my clipboard an active screen
(Creat new building block), but the Print Screen button will only copy
something out of my word document.

Have you tried using Alt+PrintScreen? If that doesn't work, you'll need a
dedicated screen capture utility such as SnagIt (www.techsmith.com);
there's a free trial download.

On my system I also have to turn off the F-Lock key to get PrintScreen to
work properly...

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is there an indicator light?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ah, yes, if it's a laptop, that's a good bet to be the problem.

"Opinicus" wrote in message
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote

For a school assignment I need to copy to my clipboard an active
screen
(Creat new building block), but the Print Screen button will only
copy
something out of my word document.

Have you tried using Alt+PrintScreen? If that doesn't work, you'll
need a
dedicated screen capture utility such as SnagIt (www.techsmith.com);
there's a free trial download.

On my system I also have to turn off the F-Lock key to get PrintScreen
work properly...

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Print button under Office button acts like Quick Print Wander88 Microsoft Word Help 1 June 9th 08 09:20 AM
How can I make PRINT SCREEN button work on my keyboard? thestevieb Microsoft Word Help 1 February 28th 07 11:49 PM
Print screen button Louise New Users 1 November 11th 06 09:03 PM
my print screen button won't work, any ideas? DocDonna Microsoft Word Help 3 February 25th 06 06:25 PM
I used the Fn button to Print screen and it won't turn off marlee Microsoft Word Help 1 January 23rd 06 03:21 AM