Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AnnElizabeth AnnElizabeth is offline

Default Even Odd Page numbering

In a two-sided printed document, is it possible to have the even, left pages
with NO page numbering and the odd, right pages acutally have page numbers --
and the page numbering is sequential?

I am creating a combination facilitator/student guide in which students will
see all pages, however the left-hand side will be faciliation notes that will
be marked with hidden text.

I don't think it's possible, but wanted to double-check.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In the Odd Page header/footer, use the following field construction

{ = { page } - { page } / 2 + .5 }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters and Alt+F9 to
toggle off their display.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"AnnElizabeth" wrote in message
In a two-sided printed document, is it possible to have the even, left
pages
with NO page numbering and the odd, right pages acutally have page
numbers --
and the page numbering is sequential?

I am creating a combination facilitator/student guide in which students
will
see all pages, however the left-hand side will be faciliation notes that
will
be marked with hidden text.

I don't think it's possible, but wanted to double-check.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AnnElizabeth[_2_] AnnElizabeth[_2_] is offline

In the odd numbered footer -- I did Insert - Field -- selected "Page."

I then clicked the Field Codes button and tried both of the formulas that
you suggested. But it didn't number the odd pages sequentially.

I'm not sure what I did wrong or what I'm missing, but didn't get the
desired results.

Any thoughts? Thanks so much.

--
Ann

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Or { = ({ PAGE } + 1)/2 }

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters in field
construction that I sent to you.

In the footer, type

= page - page / 2 + .5

Then select each instance of page (one at a time) and press Ctrl+F9. You
will then have

= { page } - { page } / 2 + .5

Now select everything from the = to the 5 and press Ctrl+F9 again. that
will give you

{ = { page } - { page } / 2 + .5 }

Then press Alt+F9 and on the first page,. you will see 1. On each
subsequent odd page, that number will be incremented by 1 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,
etc.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"AnnElizabeth" wrote in message
In the odd numbered footer -- I did Insert - Field -- selected "Page."

I then clicked the Field Codes button and tried both of the formulas that
you suggested. But it didn't number the odd pages sequentially.

I'm not sure what I did wrong or what I'm missing, but didn't get the
desired results.

Any thoughts? Thanks so much.

--
Ann