Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
alxndr01 alxndr01 is offline

Default How do I get rid of an unwanted section break?

I downloaded a file from WordPerfect to Word 2003 and for some reason it
included unwanted section breaks right in the middle of paragraphs. I've
tried backspacing and nothing. I've tried cutting-and-pasting and the break
goes with it. I've gone on line to communities and no one seemed to have a
solution. Nothing suggested by others with similar problems worked. One thing
WP has that Word doesn't have is the "Reveal Codes" command that you can see
what is actually there and correct it. That is one reason I like WP (WP's
graphics is easier to work with as well). I need to clean my text up for
publication. So, any help will be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Why don't you do a reveal codes in WordPerfect and remove whatever it is
that is causing the Section break before opening the file in Word.

Without actually seeing the document, the only other thing that I would
suggest would be to save it as a .txt file and then close and reopen it and
save it back as a Word document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.