Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dk dk is offline

Default indent second line only

We want to make Big first word in paragraph & only second line shall be
indented as much as the first word is taking
the big word shall be stright from top to the rest of the line and not
increasing line spacing for second line

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PeterMcC PeterMcC is offline

"dk" wrote in message
We want to make Big first word in paragraph & only second line shall be
indented as much as the first word is taking
the big word shall be stright from top to the rest of the line and not
increasing line spacing for second line

If I understand you correctly, you could put the first word in a text box,
make it the appropriate size, locate the text box at the start of the
paragraph and then wrap the text of the ordinary copy around it.

--
PeterMcC

inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dk dk is offline

Is there anyway to lock the paragraphs together with text boxes so it shall
not move away when entering text

"PeterMcC" wrote:

"dk" wrote in message
We want to make Big first word in paragraph & only second line shall be
indented as much as the first word is taking
the big word shall be stright from top to the rest of the line and not
increasing line spacing for second line

If I understand you correctly, you could put the first word in a text box,
make it the appropriate size, locate the text box at the start of the
paragraph and then wrap the text of the ordinary copy around it.

--
PeterMcC

inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Do you have text selected?

"dk" wrote in message
drop cap is greyed out

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Try this [although you don't mention which version of Word, so where/if
you
find the command may vary]: Select the first word then go to (in Word
2003)
Format Drop Cap, click Dropped & set Lines to Drop to 2.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/10/08 3:15 PM, in article
, "dk"

"PeterMcC" wrote:

"dk" wrote in message
We want to make Big first word in paragraph & only second line shall
be
indented as much as the first word is taking
the big word shall be stright from top to the rest of the line and
not
increasing line spacing for second line

If I understand you correctly, you could put the first word in a text
box,
make it the appropriate size, locate the text box at the start of the
paragraph and then wrap the text of the ordinary copy around it.

--
PeterMcC

inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"dk" wrote in message
Is there anyway to lock the paragraphs together with text boxes so it
shall
not move away when entering text

Format Text Box Layout Advanced Options
Check Move object with text