Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jill Jill is offline

Default Starting a new page

Hi, when I type all the way to the end of a page, for some reason, why does
Word automatically bring the last line of the page down into the next page?
Can I change that? Because I have the margins set at 1" on all sides but when
it automatically brings the last line down onto the next page, my bottom
margin of the previous page is like an 1'1/2.

Please let me know if you need clarification.
Much appreciated for help.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jill Jill is offline

Hello,
Thanks for the link. It was quite helpful, but I went back to my word
document and highlighted everything. When I went to 'paragraph' and then
under 'spacing,' I changed 0 pt to where it says 'After: 24pt.' and kept my
line spacing as double. It didn't work. The only thing that happened was that
it increased the bottom line spacing even more.

How exactly do I fix this?

Thanks!!

"Jill" wrote in message
Hi, when I type all the way to the end of a page, for some reason, why
does
Word automatically bring the last line of the page down into the next
page?
Can I change that? Because I have the margins set at 1" on all sides but
when
it automatically brings the last line down onto the next page, my bottom
margin of the previous page is like an 1'1/2.

Please let me know if you need clarification.
Much appreciated for help.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Turning off widow and orphan control (in combination with setting the space
after to 0) should give you the uniform page depths you are looking for.

Jill wrote:
Hello,
Thanks for the link. It was quite helpful, but I went back to my word
document and highlighted everything. When I went to 'paragraph' and then
under 'spacing,' I changed 0 pt to where it says 'After: 24pt.' and kept my
line spacing as double. It didn't work. The only thing that happened was that
it increased the bottom line spacing even more.

How exactly do I fix this?

Thanks!!

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]