Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Carraig Carraig is offline

Default How to insert pages in a Word document

I have a document already finished, but need to insert some front matter,
i.e. title page, etc.

The only way I could figure out to do it was to go to the top of the first
page and then hit enter, enter, enter, etc. but that would take forever to
add about six pages.

I couldn't find a reference in Word help or on the web. I have Word 2000, btw.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You don't have to actually add the pages; just add the contents, and Word
will insert automatic page breaks as needed.

Note, however, that if you want a front matter with different page numbering
(or no page numbering at all), you need a section break. For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...rontMatter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Carraig" wrote in message
I have a document already finished, but need to insert some front matter,
i.e. title page, etc.

The only way I could figure out to do it was to go to the top of the first
page and then hit enter, enter, enter, etc. but that would take forever to
add about six pages.

I couldn't find a reference in Word help or on the web. I have Word 2000,
btw.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

To add to what Stefan has said, you can insert a new blank page by inserting
a page break (Ctrl+Enter); you may need several blank pages (page breaks)
and only one section break.