Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Adrian Sark Adrian Sark is offline

Default How do I set up a formula in a Word table that adds cell values?

In versions of Word before 2007, a simple formula could be entered in a cell
that would sum the values to the left or above that cell. This function seems
to have disappeared?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can still do it but
a. the standard field insertion dialog box is now in the Insert tab, Text
group, Quick parts dropdown, Field... (you can put the Insert a Field
function in the QAT if you want)
b. as long as you know what the formula needs to look like, e.g. SUM(ABOVE)
or whatever, you can always insert the field manually by using ctrl-F9 to
insert a pair of the special field braces and type the rest in between,.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Adrian Sark" wrote in message
In versions of Word before 2007, a simple formula could be entered in a
cell
that would sum the values to the left or above that cell. This function
seems
to have disappeared?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The function remains. With the cursor in the table cell where you want the
formula, click the Layout tab and the last command on the ribbon is Formula.
If there are numbers in the column or row the appropriate sum command will
be inserted into the dialog. Otherwise you can add the formula =SUM(ABOVE)
or =SUM(LEFT) or whatever.