Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
nospaminlich nospaminlich is offline

Default Mail Merge Address Data Problem

I have an Excel 2003 "database" of names, addresses etc. where one of the
fields is House Number.

When I use this data to create address labels in Word 2003 via Mail Merge
everything is OK apart from those cells where the House Number also contains
a letter e.g. 39A which appears on the label as 0.

How do I overcome this? Ideally I don't want to change the data layout in
Excel as I've had to keep it simple for user entry.

Thanks a lot in anticipation

Kewa
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. (In Word
2007 it is Office Button Word Options Advanced General Confirm file
format conversion on open). Then when you attach the data source to the mail
merge main document, you will be given the option of using the DDE method of
connection which should read the data as you have it formatted in the table.