Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Struggling Kiwi Struggling Kiwi is offline

Default Format changes after a sentence was pasted

I have copied a sentence from a PDF document and pasted it into a word 2007
document. The text has a space between each letter and three spaces between
each word. Can I alter this to no spaces between letters then manually space
each word??? I also read that the text type has altered in other questions
which also happened. I purchased a Visagesoft PDF Editor from the UK.

Any assistance very much appreciated from confused in New Zealand.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ms-Exl-Learner Ms-Exl-Learner is offline

Try this€¦

Instead of making the words without space and giving space manually, you can
do it in a single way. Just press CNTRL+H and in Find What Box give three
spaces and in Replace With Box give one space, then press Replace All button.
This will replace all three spaces with single space.

If this post helps, Click Yes!

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Struggling Kiwi" wrote:

I have copied a sentence from a PDF document and pasted it into a word 2007
document. The text has a space between each letter and three spaces between
each word. Can I alter this to no spaces between letters then manually space
each word??? I also read that the text type has altered in other questions
which also happened. I purchased a Visagesoft PDF Editor from the UK.

Any assistance very much appreciated from confused in New Zealand.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You need three passes - try the following macro

With ActiveDocument.Range
.Text = Replace(ActiveDocument.Range.Text, " ", "@@@")
.Text = Replace(ActiveDocument.Range.Text, " ", "")
.Text = Replace(ActiveDocument.Range.Text, "@@@", " ")
End With

Struggling Kiwi wrote:
I have copied a sentence from a PDF document and pasted it into a
word 2007 document. The text has a space between each letter and
three spaces between each word. Can I alter this to no spaces between
letters then manually space each word??? I also read that the text
type has altered in other questions which also happened. I purchased
a Visagesoft PDF Editor from the UK.

Any assistance very much appreciated from confused in New Zealand.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Or even

With ActiveDocument.Range