Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
petersk petersk is offline

Default Chapter numbers in caption

I have a problem in that I need to have my chapter headers read exactly
"CHAPTER ROMAN NUMERAL" with the actual chapter title below it with not
number. Example:
CHAPTER I
INTRO

I need my subsequent figure and table numbers to includ the chapter number.
When I look at their field codes, I see:
Table {STYLEREF 1 \s}-{SEQ Table \* ARABIC \s1}

In chapter 1, the Table shows "Table 0-1". How can I increment the chapter
number in the caption the first time, so it reads correctly as "Table 1-1"?

Any thoughts?
Regards,
kurt
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use the Heading 1 style (with CHAPTER # as the auto numbering format) for
your chapter number and a different style for the chapter title (new
paragraph). You should then be able to reference the numbering of the
Heading 1 style in your captions, cross-references, etc.

http://word.mvps.org