Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NFL NFL is offline

Default Calculate Form Fields

MS Word 2003 - I'm in the "Text Form Field Options" dialog box and would like
to know how to calculate two form fields (texboxes) and pass the value to the
third form field?. For example: textbox1 * textbox2 = textbox3

Also, is there a limit of how many form fields I can calculate?

Thank you,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Select Calculation as the Type in the Text Form Field Options dialog, then
create your formula in the Expression box following the same rules as for an
= field in ordinary text (in your example, it would be "= Text1 * Text2").
Be sure to check the box for "Calculate on exit" in the Form Field Options
for each form field that contributes to the calculation so that the
calculated field will update automatically.

http://word.mvps.org

"NFL" wrote in message
MS Word 2003 - I'm in the "Text Form Field Options" dialog box and would
like
to know how to calculate two form fields (texboxes) and pass the value to
the
third form field?. For example: textbox1 * textbox2 = textbox3

Also, is there a limit of how many form fields I can calculate?

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi NFL,

Beware of trying to reference a formfield calculation in a subsequent formfield. The results are unlikely to be what you'd expect.

--
Cheers
macropod

"NFL" wrote in message
MS Word 2003 - I'm in the "Text Form Field Options" dialog box and would
like
to know how to calculate two form fields (texboxes) and pass the value to
the
third form field?. For example: textbox1 * textbox2 = textbox3

Also, is there a limit of how many form fields I can calculate?

Thank you,

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Indeed. That's discussed in €śWD2000: Calculation in Form Field Shows Wrong
Result€ť at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211253

http://word.mvps.org