Rachel

Default Send a custom dictionary with a document???

Hi,

I've got a really wierd question. My company sends a lot
of documents back and forth with the government (and we
all know how much the government likes to invent new
words). The problem is that my boss is worried about the
red squiggly spelling error marks showing up when the
customer opens the documents (even though the errors are
for their made-up words).

It seems as though if you go through the whole
spellchecker just before you send the document then it is
fine -- for a while (just until the recipient starts
poking around in it).

The question is if there is any way to keep
spelling "errors" in our documents from showing up on
other people's machines (which we cannot control)? Can a
custom dictionary be attached to a Word document as a sort
of meta file?

Thanks!
Rachel

There's an easier approach. On the Spelling and Grammar tab of Tools |
Options, check the box for "Hide spelling errors in this document." This is
a per-document setting that prevents spelling errors from being displayed
regardless of the "Check spelling as you type" settings of the user looking
at it. The spelling checker can still be run manually, but there will be no
wavy underlines.

If you want Word to ignore the spelling errors entirely (so that they won't
turn up even when the spelling checker is run explicitly), select the entire
document, go to Tools | Language | Set Language and check the box for "Do
not check spelling or grammar."

"Rachel" wrote in message
[...]

Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Rachel

Rachel wrote:
The question is if there is any way to keep
spelling "errors" in our documents from showing up on
other people's machines (which we cannot control)? Can a
custom dictionary be attached to a Word document as a sort
of meta file?

To add to Suzanne's last paragraph: You can do that (set to not check
spelling and grammar) for single Words, too!

Yet another method would be to tell the customer to add their own
word-inventions (or acronyms, whatever) to their dictionary, that would
help them in their other documents as well.

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Rachel

Thanks!! For some reason the option for hiding spelling
errors is greyed out for me (I think the Office install on
this machine is bad) but I was able to use the set
language option.

Rach

There's an easier approach. On the Spelling and Grammar

tab of Tools |
Options, check the box for "Hide spelling errors in this

document." This is
a per-document setting that prevents spelling errors from

being displayed
regardless of the "Check spelling as you type" settings

of the user looking
at it. The spelling checker can still be run manually,

but there will be no
wavy underlines.

If you want Word to ignore the spelling errors entirely

(so that they won't
turn up even when the spelling checker is run

explicitly), select the entire
document, go to Tools | Language | Set Language and check

the box for "Do
not check spelling or grammar."

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups

to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

.