FredEp57

Default Tables and Forms

I need some more help on tables and user forms

Suppose I have a document (userform to be exact). In that form are some
tables (lets say 3). Each table has a different number of columns (but only
one row). Each table has distinctly different fields in the
columns (some text input, some checkbox(es), and some drop down populated).
Idea is to have the table be dynamically grow ("Escaping" is still tricky).
However, each new, added row MUST have the exact item in each column just
above, i.e., add a row at the bottom and copy the fields from above (but text
fields are blank, drop down boxes populated like the previous row). Making
sense so far?

My question is:
Can I figure out what the column above contains, then copy that item to the
cell below?

If you need an example to look at, I have a quick one I am experimenting with.

BTW, many thanks to Doug Robbins for his help getting me started.

Thanks
Doug Robbins

The following will tell you what type of formfield is in each cell.

Dim i As Long, j As Long
i = Selection.Tables(1).Rows.Count - 1
For j = 1 To Selection.Tables(1).Columns.Count
MsgBox Selection.Tables(1).Cell(i, j).Range.FormFields(1).Type
Next j

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Forms and tables FredEp57 Tables 1 June 28th 05 10:30 PM
Automated forms JT Microsoft Word Help 1 June 16th 05 05:56 PM
printing empty text fields on word forms moombi Microsoft Word Help 1 June 10th 05 08:16 AM
Word Forms Kristy Microsoft Word Help 1 April 29th 05 05:45 PM
Lines in forms to type on Kim K Microsoft Word Help 1 February 28th 05 06:04 PM