Steve James

Default Change autoformat is exsiting docs

is there any way of removing all autoformating in exsiting documents
Carol

Hi Steven,

You can highlight your entire document and use Ctrl +Z or you can copy the
entire document and past it into word pad and then copy it from there and
paste it back into a new Word document. I hope this has been helpful to you.

is there any way of removing all autoformating in exsiting documents

Stefan Blom

Well, if you expect a way to get rid of changes caused by AutoFormat in
one go, I think you are out of luck. There are some things you can do,
though.

Symbol characters, such as typographical quotation marks, can be deleted
via EditReplace. (But, normally, symbol characters is something that
you
actually want AutoFormat to add!)

To get rid of formatting (such as borders) not in style, you can select
the entire document and press Ctrl+Q. Note that this means that anything
you've added as direct formatting (not via a paragraph style) will also
be lost.

More useful is the ability to undo an undesired modificiation to your
document, immediately after it has occurred; to accomplish this, just
press Ctrl+Z.

But the best approach is to disable AutoFormat As You Type features. For
more, see: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm .

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Steve James" Steve wrote in message
is there any way of removing all autoformating in exsiting documents

Stefan Blom

Good idea! Pasting into a less capable application would certainly
remove (most) of the undesired formatting. To get rid of even more
formatting, I'd use NotePad -- or any plain text editor. It won't remove
symbol characters such as typographical quotation marks, though.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news

"Steve James" wrote:

is there any way of removing all autoformating in exsiting documents

Stefan Blom

Note that Ctrl+Z only undoes the *last* action; it is not equivalent to
converting a document into plain text format.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP