knght-usa

Default Caption Numbers Not Sequential

I am having a problem with figure caption numbers in my document. I am using
chapter numbers in the captions, which is working okay. However, for some
reason in the middle of my document the figure captions start numbering at
(1) again instead of in sequence. I have tried updating the fields (F9) and
even changing the field codes (SEQ \r correct number), but nothing works.

Is my document corrupt or can I fix this?

Thanks for any held you can provide.