John B

Default How do I get rid of annoying symbol that appears when in word

When I open a word an annoying symbol, something like ¦¦, appears when I
type. It stays the whole time - can anyone please help me to get rid of it.
Not sure if its a html thing or what - when I hit return it just leaves the
symbol on the line - it does not come out when printing - it may be a tab
also
HELP