Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chaim Caron

Default How To Specify Quote Style

How can I specify quote style? I would like to use the regular quotes (")
rather than what I think is called smart quotes where the quote marks point
in or out from the text.

Is this the right newsgroup to ask this question? If not, what is the right
newsgroup?

Also, while I have your attention: How can I specify that double dashes
("--") should remain as double dashes rather than being joined into a single
long dash?

BTW, I am running Word 97.

I'm pretty sure there is a global setting, ie one place where I can tell
Word to set these behaviors for all documents, because when I had to
reinstall Word after wiping and reinstalling my OS, all these settings
changed.

Thanks.