Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Paul

Default Columns and multiple sections

I have a document where most of the text is in two columns, newsletter-style.
But it also needs multiple headers. I set it up with section breaks, and the
headers work fine, but now my columns don't flow properly. The sections end
up this way:
1 1
2 2
3 3

when I want it to flow continuously:
1 2
1 3
2 3

Is there a way to do this in Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

If you expect text to flow across section breaks, then I'm
afraid you are out of luck. Word can't do that. You'll have to
fake column formatting using linked text boxes instead.

Note, however, that you may not need section breaks to create
different headers. If the header should repeat text from
the body of the document, you could use a StyleRef field. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Paul" wrote in message
I have a document where most of the text is in two columns,

newsletter-style.
But it also needs multiple headers. I set it up with section breaks,

and the
headers work fine, but now my columns don't flow properly. The

sections end
up this way:
1 1
2 2
3 3

when I want it to flow continuously:
1 2
1 3
2 3

Is there a way to do this in Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tony Jollans

Leaving aside the headers for the moment, the text flow you are after cannot
be done by normal means (with or without sections) - and is a most unusual
requirement unless I'm completely misunderstanding. Can you give a bit more
detail - like what should happen when section 1 gets longer and would flow
onto another page, etc?

--
Enjoy,
Tony