Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John Taylor

Default Two-page view with odd-numbered pages on right

Is there a way to use the View..Print Layout with the Zoom set to Two pages
but have the odd-numbered page on the right, not the left as it defaults to.
I would like to view the document as it would appear if bound.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Swami

I need that view quite often too and I do what Jay recommended. But here's a
handy hint, if you like seeing a document with 2 pages or more in Print
Layout, but are sick of using the zoom box, copy the nifty Multiple Page
view button from the Print Preview tool bar onto your normal.dot toolbar.
Then you can see AND EDIT any number of pages viewed in Print View all the
time (with the odds on the right as expected). Hope this helps too.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 17:37:23 -0800, "John Taylor" John
wrote:

Is there a way to use the View..Print Layout with the Zoom set to Two
pages
but have the odd-numbered page on the right, not the left as it defaults
to.
I would like to view the document as it would appear if bound.

It's a bit of a hack, but...

Go to the beginning of the document and insert a page break
(Ctrl+Enter). Open the header. Click the Format Page Number button on
the Header/Footer toolbar, and set the page numbers to start at 0. The
blank page 0 will appear on the left of the first pair of pages, which
will correct the display of the rest of the pages. Before you print,
though, you'll have to remove page 0 and reset the numbering to start
at 1.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

FWIW, if you have enabled either "Mirror margins" or "Different odd and
even," you will get facing pages in Print Preview, and you CAN edit in Print
Preview (though this is not obvious; you have to turn off the magnifier).

"John Taylor" John wrote in message
Is there a way to use the View..Print Layout with the Zoom set to Two

pages
but have the odd-numbered page on the right, not the left as it defaults

to.
I would like to view the document as it would appear if bound.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Enjoy it while you can. Partly because this feature was not easily
discoverable (and perhaps partly because it can be dangerous when discovered
by accident), there's been discussion of eliminating it in future versions.
I don't know what the upshot of that discussion was, however.

"Swami" wrote in message
Oh my God. She's right! Well I never knew that!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
FWIW, if you have enabled either "Mirror margins" or "Different odd and
even," you will get facing pages in Print Preview, and you CAN edit in
Print
Preview (though this is not obvious; you have to turn off the

magnifier).

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

page setup SP Page Layout 6 November 14th 05 07:08 PM
thumbnail page view urbanista Microsoft Word Help 6 August 26th 05 10:36 PM
Printing pages with roman page numbers and in different sections? bandy2000 Microsoft Word Help 2 April 12th 05 01:28 AM
Why do page widths look different for pages in print view ? Jeff Page Layout 1 November 30th 04 10:45 AM