Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DocDonna

Default my print screen button won't work, any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

What do you expect it to do? The button copies the current screen to the
clipboard. Open a Word document or graphics application and press paste!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DocDonna

Maybe, I was not clear on what I wanted to do. I have a word document open
and I need a word count for the document, printed for a class. Previously,
at my old job I could just push the print screen button and what was
currently on the screen would print. When I do that here at home nothing
appears to happen. Do I need to set someting up first in order for it to
print?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

What do you expect it to do? The button copies the current screen to the
clipboard. Open a Word document or graphics application and press paste!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

PrintScreen has not printed what was on the screen since DOS days. In
Windows, PrintScreen saves the image to the Clipboard, whence you can paste
it into any application. But you don't need to do that just to get a word
count into your document: use Insert | Field | NumWords.