Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
slimmons

Default Auto number upon opening template

I have made a one page Word template and I need to put one field on it that
will count up by one number each time the template is opened. For example
when I open it the first time the number will be 1 then I can save that
document, then the next time I open and fill out that template 2 will be in
that field ..... and so on.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"slimmons" wrote in message
I have made a one page Word template and I need to put one field on it that
will count up by one number each time the template is opened. For example
when I open it the first time the number will be 1 then I can save that
document, then the next time I open and fill out that template 2 will be
in
that field ..... and so on.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
slimmons

This macro worked great, if the document is unprotected. I need this document
protected as a form. This will not alow the macro run in that protected
document. Is there a way to unprotect only the area where I need the auto
number?

"slimmons" wrote in message
I have made a one page Word template and I need to put one field on it that
will count up by one number each time the template is opened. For example
when I open it the first time the number will be 1 then I can save that
document, then the next time I open and fill out that template 2 will be
in
that field ..... and so on.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

I don't know but assume that you can start with a particular number. Simply
edit the number as stored.

You can't unprotect a part of the form, but you can unprotect the form,
change the number, and then reprotect it within the macro.
--

"slimmons" wrote in message
I have made a one page Word template and I need to put one field on it
that
will count up by one number each time the template is opened. For
example
when I open it the first time the number will be 1 then I can save that
document, then the next time I open and fill out that template 2 will
be
in
that field ..... and so on.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
slimmons

I have discovered another problem with this. Now that I have this macro set
up it runs every time I use any word document. When it does this the number
series that i wanted for the original template is out of sequence because the
number goes to the document that does not need the number series. How do I
make the macro only run on the template that I want?