Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nestor

Default i wanna my american computer to write in german

i have an american computer with an german keyboard that i want it to write
in german
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Simon Minder

This is set by Windows and not by Word.

1. Go to "start" - "Control panel" - Select "Switch to Classic View" on the
top left corner.

2. Afterwards you select the "Regional and Language Options" icon.

3. Select the "Languages" tab on the top of the form and select the
"Details..." button.

4. Click the "Add..." button

5. Search for country and the correct keyboard layout. Afterwards you click
the "OK" button

If you want to switch between to keyboard layouts you may activate the
"Language Bar..." which you can easily. Just follow my steps until point "3".
Instead of pressing the "Add..." button like step 4 you press the "Language
Bar...". Make a tick in the "Show the Language bar on the desktop". This will
show you a menu on your desktop, where you can change the keyboard layout by
selecting a different language in the menu.

Kind regards,

Simon

"nestor" wrote:

i have an american computer with an german keyboard that i want it to write
in german

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xppuser

May need the installation CD too (Windows XP CD) when you are installing
these german options. Have it handy before you begin

jes