Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Mann

Default Can book fold be forced to print portrait?

I need to print a booklet on paper 8.5 wide by 5.5 long (folded the
individual page is 4.25 x 5.5). Word changes the paper layout to landscape,
making the width 11, and will not allow a change to portrait. Modifying the
paper size to 8.5 x 5.5 has not worked. Previously I have prepared this
booklet in WordPerfect. Is there a fix for this problem in Word? The
version of Word is whatever is shipped in Works Suite 2006.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Provided your printer supports this paper size, you should be able to do
this. Select the 5.5" x 8.5" paper size (or set it as a custom size), and
select "Book fold." Word does default to landscape (because that's the way
it will be printed), but the individual pages will be portrait. Note that
you will have to feed the paper in landscape orientation (short edge first);
there is no way to print a "half sheet" in "portrait" orientation (long edge
leading).