Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Liz

Default turn off automatic numbering; keep existing numbering

I have a document with automatic numbering and I'd like to remove some
segments without changing the numbering sequence. I tried
Tools/Autocorrect/Autoformat while typing and it does not turn off the
automatic numbering. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Run a macro containing the following code

ActiveDocument.ConvertNumbersToText

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.