Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Nalley David Nalley is offline

Default How can I print envelopes on a separate printer

I want to have a separate printer attached just to print envelopes. My
Regular multi-function machine is great for letters, but it is inconvenient
to keep switching the paper tray on it.

It seems I have to go in and switch my printer first, then go to the
"envelopes and labels' function , then switch it back. Any way I can make
this streamlined?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

For handling multiple printers you would be better off using an envelope
template - automated samples available from the downloads page of my web
site. Then consider the method described at
http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm for handling the printers.

If you want to retain the use of the wizard you could intercept the label
wizard and add the printer change routine. The following saved in normal.dot
will do that:

Sub ToolsEnvelopesAndLabels()
Dim sCurrentPrinter As String
Dim sQuery As String

sCurrentPrinter = ActivePrinter
sQuery = MsgBox("Print Envelopes?", vbYesNo, "Envelopes & Labels")
If sQuery = vbYes Then
'****************************************
ActivePrinter = "Put Envelope Printer Name Here"
Dialogs(wdDialogToolsEnvelopesAndLabels).Show
ActivePrinter = sCurrentPrinter
Else
Dialogs(wdDialogToolsEnvelopesAndLabels).Show
End If
End Sub

Note that if you use the wizard to add an envelope to a document the printer
active at the start of the macro will be retained. Put the name of your
envelope printer where indicated http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm