Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gulleyball Gulleyball is offline

Default Web pages I create in Word do not show up as web pages...only html

I used html to create a web page in Word, then when i open the saved file in
IE it does not show the actual web page, it only shows the html! when i type
it in WordPad it works just fine! But creating it in Word only shows the
HTML. Help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Gulleyball

Gulleyball wrote:
I used html to create a web page in Word, then when i open the saved file in
IE it does not show the actual web page, it only shows the html! when i type
it in WordPad it works just fine! But creating it in Word only shows the
HTML. Help!!

If you want to write HTML manually, then use a text editor of your
choice. You could technically save your document as a TXT file and then
rename it to HTML.

Word's intended use to produce web pages will create the (X)HTML behind
the scenes from any document you are working on.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS