Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jccoolwheels jccoolwheels is offline

Default customize bibliography style?

I'm using the new Word 2007 and I can't seem to figure out how to apply a
different reference style that is not listed, I'm not allowed to use APA or
MLA or Chicago, I need to use ACS (American Chemical Society) because I'm
writing a paper for a chem prof and she wants ACS formatting.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jccoolwheels jccoolwheels is offline

Default How do I customize bibliography style?

I'm using the new Word 2007 and I can't seem to figure out how to apply a
different reference style that is not listed, I'm not allowed to use APA or
MLA or Chicago, I need to use ACS (American Chemical Society) because I'm
writing a paper for a chem prof and she wants ACS formatting.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT?!!
THANKS!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sorry, the Citation Manager is limited and will not work for all
situations. It can only be customized if you know XML and at present
there seems to be no documentation on how to use XML to customize it, so
that's not very feasible.

jccoolwheels wrote:
I'm using the new Word 2007 and I can't seem to figure out how to apply a
different reference style that is not listed, I'm not allowed to use APA or
MLA or Chicago, I need to use ACS (American Chemical Society) because I'm
writing a paper for a chem prof and she wants ACS formatting.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT?!!
THANKS!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anita Anita is offline

hi,

currently there are some 7-8 citation styles available. you can write
your own style using XSLT. After writing that style, you need to put it in
"Styles" folder of office where the other styles are.

~Anita

jccoolwheels wrote:
I'm using the new Word 2007 and I can't seem to figure out how to apply a
different reference style that is not listed, I'm not allowed to use APA or
MLA or Chicago, I need to use ACS (American Chemical Society) because I'm
writing a paper for a chem prof and she wants ACS formatting.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT?!!
THANKS!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MPF MPF is offline

It would be helpful to be able to edit the styles, since two of the packaged
styles (MLA and APA) are out of date. Is there a patch to download that
updates these styles?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

No, there is no patch for an updated version of these styles. And the chance
there will ever be one is pretty small if you ask me. Maybe they will
release new versions of the styles with Word 2010, but so far, from what I
saw in the technical preview, they didn't yet.

If you have some xslt knowledge, you could do the editing of the styles
yourself. In that case, post a follow-up message for more information.

Regards,

Yves
--
http://bibword.codeplex.com