Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Alpine Haddock[_2_] The Alpine Haddock[_2_] is offline

Default un-disable features introduced after Word 95 / 6.0

OK, I've added it in, and it seems to work - but then checking the box seemed
to work for a short time!! When I've gone a few days without it reverting
I'll know it was sorted and will pass it on to all my colleagues who have the
same problem.

Thanks for the fix.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Add the line
ActiveDocument.DisableFeatures = False
to an autonew and an autoopen macro in normal.dot - see

"The Alpine Haddock" wrote:

Microsoft Word has in the Tools - Options dialogue box an annoying little
checkbox to disable features introduced after Word 6.0/95 or Word 97. I do
not wish this to be checked. Easy enough, you think?

No matter how many times I uncheck this box (including ensuring that it is
also unchecked in Normal.dot) it keeps rechecking itself and then not letting
me (eg) align text within a table, or save hyperlinks. And if it's in a
document that already has these features, it waits until I exit and then says
that some things won't be saved because they're not compatible with Word 6!

When I turn it off it goes away for the immediate session of Word, possibly
for the next one but then comes back. I am going slowly insane.

Does anybody know of a way of completely and irrevocably turning this option
off?