Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Byraer Byraer is offline

Default How Do I Add Frames In Word 2007

Sorry Too Bother You All,
Just a confused user from Ireland, how do I add frames in Word 2007? (for
webpages, etc).

I can't find an option anywhere?

Regards,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If you want just frames and not the rest of the stuff that used to be
on the Forms toolbar, you can add a button for it to the Quick Access
Toolbar. Right-click the toolbar and choose Customize. In the dialog,
set the "Choose commands from" box to "Commands Not in the Ribbon".
Select "Insert Frame" and click the Add button.

If you do want the Forms toolbar, go to Office button Word Options
and check the "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon" box. On the Developer
tab, in the Controls group, click the Legacy Tools button. The first
row of the dropdown holds all the Forms tools, including the same
Frame button mentioned before.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 15:16:05 -0700, Byraer
wrote:

Sorry Too Bother You All,
Just a confused user from Ireland, how do I add frames in Word 2007? (for
webpages, etc).

I can't find an option anywhere?

Regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't think the OP wants that type of frame. I suspect he wants "frames
pages" (what you get with Format | Frames | New Frames Page or Table of
Contents in a Frame in Word 2003), since he mentions Web pages specifically.

wrote:

Sorry Too Bother You All,
Just a confused user from Ireland, how do I add frames in Word 2007? (for
webpages, etc).

I can't find an option anywhere?

Regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Byraer Byraer is offline

Thanks For The Answer,
Yes kinda half right, I found another option I was missing!

As Ms Barnhill mentioned, I am looking for the New Frames Page (I.e. left
frame, upper frame), etc rather than an IFRAME option if it is anywhere about?

Regards,

wrote:

Sorry Too Bother You All,
Just a confused user from Ireland, how do I add frames in Word 2007? (for
webpages, etc).

I can't find an option anywhere?

Regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Ah, I see... Since I consider Word to be possibly the world's worst
web page editor :-) I've never even looked at those commands.

In Word 2007, they're not on the Ribbon at all. You have to customize
the Quick Access Toolbar and add the individual buttons (from either
the All Commands group or the Commands Not on the Ribbon group):

Frame Properties
Frames
(this includes only New Frames Page and Table of Contents in Frame)
New Frame Above
New Frame Below
New Frame Left
New Frame Right